Saturday, November 25, 2006

I Heart Banksy



I'd never heard of
Banksy till my recent trip to London, when my cluey art-student cousin highlighted the gaping hole in my art-awareness.

This supercool 'graffiti artist' has his work on buildings all over the world, I was unknowingly snapping shots of them, including one of his little anarchist rats by the Thames next to St Thomas'.


His latest foray into pop culture is this 'doctored' version of Paris Hilton's album. Teeheeheehee. I've been coveting his latest book, Wall and Piece. It's sitting in the window of Outre Gallery on Elizabeth, looking at me, begging me to buy it. Should I? You can all come over and look at it...

PS. Meanwhile, Camberwell Market friggin' rocks. I got me a pair of Missoni wedges today!!! I love love love the lady who runs that stall, she made me promise to go back next weekend so she could give me some 'ciocolata italiano' as a graduation present. Life is much better if you wear impressive clothes, no?

Currently listening: Snow Patrol Eyes Open
Currently reading: John Banville The Sea
Current mood: Hung over. Ow.

No comments: