Thursday, April 12, 2007

Have you seen Daniel Kitson's underpants?

I have.


Kitson Daniel Kitson is positively extraordinary. We went to 'The Honourable Men of Art' at the Trades Hall last night...my head is still spinning. The man has something to answer for. My life will never be the same now I've discovered online Boggle. I want to go see every Kitson show I can now. And hey, if you see him on the street, why not go up and say hello. Tell him how much you appreciate his work, liken him to a German Romantic landscape painter, even.

SeanHughes I'm not going to waste more than two lines on this man and his show. Go if you want more politically incorrect jokes than you shake a blind man's stick at. Horrible horrible stuff.

Man Booker International Prize 2007
A biennial prize awarded to an author of any nationality, provided that his/her work is available in the English language. The first Booker International was won by Ismail Kadare in 2005. This year's shortlist has been announced. The level of sheer expertise is ridiculous, it reads like a literary celebrity deathmatch lineup. I love nomination season- it usually means I disover incredible authors I've never heard of, like Harry Mulisch and um... hang on. Aww man. I know everyone else already. Damn you.
These are the authors. Guess who I'm supporting.

The 15 authors on the list are:
Chinua Achebe Margaret Atwood John Banville Peter Carey Don DeLillo
Carlos Fuentes Doris Lessing
Ian McEwan Harry Mulisch Alice Munro
Michael Ondaatje Amos Oz Philip Roth Salman Rushdie Michel Tournier

2 comments:

Suds said...

ZOMG! Politically incorrect jokes! Awesome!

Anonymous said...

loo! online boggle is destroying my life!! :P