Wednesday, May 23, 2007


Goodness. Has it really been more than a month since my last post?? I'm surprised if anyone is even bothering to check this anymore.


Apologies. Stupid work intervened- or rather, my hatred of stupid work intervened.

Now I'm AT stupid-work, at 4.20 in the morning, with no patients to see and nothing to do. Parkinson is on TV in 10mins, the repeats at 4.30am have been the highlights of my night shifts. I curse patients who have the gall to arrive between 4.00 and 5.00am. No analgesia for you!!!


So. What have I been up to? Rather than bore everyone to tears, maybe I'll just put up a whole lot of photos.



Maia Hirasawa
Like Regina Spektor, but more fun.

Lovelovelove her. Please listen!
Lucky Soul
I traipsed through a bazillion record stores before I found out Lucky Soul aren't releasing their new album in Australia. The dude at Polyester Records was all like.. "You're the second person to come in here asking me for that album! What do they sound like?" Me... "Um. Like The Grates? But... More Motowney?"
This is why I don't work in a record store. Or write a music column. But really. They're AWESOME. Happy ending- I bought their album off iTunes.

Bangarra: True Stories
Ailin and I went to see Bangarra perform (again :P). Was amazing, as usual. Patrick Thaiday is incredible, I don't know how that man is human... he always get solo performances in their shows, and he's the only dancer there that gets applause everytime he appears on stage.
There was this contest survey thingy we filled out after the show, and it was asking how many Bangarra performances we'd been to- Ailin and I figure we should win, not having missed one in the last four years :)
Well, there you go. Parky is on, and guess what, there's a new patient. Woooohoo for me.
Auf wiedersehn.


No comments: