Monday, June 11, 2007

someone stop me...

...before I become broke, unemployed, homeless, and the best dressed Big Issue salesperson on the streets.
I can't stop shopping.

Something is broken in my head (a
nd also in my wallet).
I blame the vendor, not the consumer.

First Miss Louise.
Then the P+J/KM sale.
Honestly, what's a girl to do?
In my case- stay at home, handcuffed to her bed, with her computer off so she can't 'browse' ebay.

The latest thing I've purchased... coloured contacts! I know, I know, Lolo. You think I'm some sort of hip-hop listening curry ste
reotype. Maybe i am, eh? secretly? Good god. But they're pretttty! And they're gray! (so now they match my entire wardrobe). It was bloody difficult to put in though, does anyone who wears contacts regularly have any tips? I think I'm going to have to steal me some amethocaine from Da Hopsital. Technically, I DO have a FB in my eye, right? Yeah. Hopefully, the upcoming weeks will yield some sort of substitute entertainment.

like...

DANCE DANCE!


Go! Team's new track,
Grip Like A Vice, is on their myspace. And as usual, it has me headbopping and toetapping and full full full of joy.

Am loving Bonde Do Role at the moment. I have no clue what they're saying, but that just makes it much more fun! :P They've saved me from overplaying CSS, in any case. If any of you guys are lucky enough to be in Europe when they're doing the summer festival circuit, please go. I live vicariously through you :(

EDIT: The current inthemix has an interview with Bonde Do Role.. and also an amusing explanation as to why noone understands what they're saying.


Jooooosteeeeece's new album hits the stands next week.
I can't get enough of D.A.N.C.E! I still think there's a vague rip-off of a riff from Daft Punk's Aerodynamic in there somewhere. Since they're on the same record label, maybe its not a rip-off at all, and maybe they all sat down and had a nice cup of tea and went 'Would you like to borrow a bit of Aerodynamic for your new track?' 'Why yes, how lovely of you to offer, that would be peachy'. But yknow, they'd say it in French. And it would sound much cooler.


ART!


Pixar is coming to Melbourne!!! Woo! Straight from MoMA, it opens on 28th June at ACMI





The
most exciting thing to happen all winter, the Guggenheim exhibition at NGV! The sole reason I renewed my membership this year, really. That, and the great coffee and Anzac biccies (AND! Wallpaper magazine) at the Ian Potter member's lounge. Anyway. Rothko! Pollock! de Kooning!!!
And I'm super exc
ited about the Dan Flavin light art pieces... Hope there'll be lots. There were a few at Palais Tokyo and Musee d'Art Moderne de la Ville in Paris. They're pretty. You almost want some new rave music playing in the background, Softlightes or something similar.


Current Mood: Warm and fuzzy. Just had a cup of chai, wrapped up in beeg huge hoodie.
Currently Listening: Feist
Currently Reading: Joanne Harris' The Lollipop Shoes! Finally, the sequel to Chocolat. Now I'm just waiting for Roux to make an appearance :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't like them!

THey make me scared.

Hmph.

Anonymous said...

shalini - i dont know how to use facebook and i dont understand what the point is!

from you-know-who