Saturday, August 11, 2007

The one where I go back to work and cheer myself up with a mix


Annual leave is almost over. Nooooooooooooooooo! I really really really don't wanna :(

I've had a blissful 3 weeks off.
Bangkok was my absolute ideal of a holiday- shop shop shop EAT shop shop shop! This is the first time I've been on holiday in Asia while earning in AUD. I likey. Even KL seems like fun now :)
The highlights of Bangkok would have to be...
- the best shark's fin soup ever, streetside at night in Chinatown
- mango sticky rice... everywhere everywhere everywhere, but especially at afternoon tea at the Erawan Tea Room
- discovering Marni, Dries Van Noten, Balenciaga and 3.1 Philip Lim; and then feeling sick to my stomach out of wardrobe-lust
- Suan Lum Night Market. supercool tshirts and superyummy food
- massages and facials and luxury hotels. God, I am never backpacking again.

So now I'm back home. And attempting to clean up my life...
Starting with my wardrobe.
And my room
And my bathroom- I'm trying to turn it into a replica of the Bangkok Mariott's Mandara Spa :) Photos will be posted if I'm at all sucessful
And I'm on a diet/gym craze (let's see how long that lasts)

So with all this good living, coupled with my imminent return to Work, I think I need a mix to cheer myself up with.
Anyone want a copy?

A Hand to Take Hold of the Scene Okkervil River
Oh Yeah The Cliks
Direct Hit Art Brut
Umbrellahead Mystery Jets
Girls and Boys in Love The Rumble Strips
Plastic Stereo Total
Grip Like A Vice The Go! Team
Homecoming The Teenagers
Australia (Remix) The Shins
Walcott Vampire Weekend
You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb Spoon
You Don't Know What Love Is The White Stripes
Your English Is Good Tokyo Police Club
Impossible Shout Out Louds
The Party Punch Oh No! Oh My!
Isis Yeah Yeah Yeahs
Fireworks Animal Collective


Oh. And pics from Wednesday's Shins gig are up on my flickr.


Currently listening: Sky Blue Sky Wilco
Currently reading: The Unconsoled Kazuo Ishiguro
Current mood: I don't wanna!

No comments: